Cross-channel media measurement and reporting leads to sales increase of 53%
Fuel aggressive growth by diversifying media mix
Faherty is a family-run American clothing and “about the beach” lifestyle brand operating 12 retail locations. Its products are sold in more than 300 specialty stores from coast to coast as well as through a rapidly growing online business, built on the Shopify ecommerce platform.
While most of the brand’s rapid growth was fueled primarily through advertising on Facebook and Instagram, Faherty needed to understand whether they had pushed the channels too far. Had they saturated their audiences or was there still room to scale up in Facebook and Instagram?
Faherty also wanted to know how they could fuel continued aggressive growth through a more diversified media mix using other prospecting tactics like catalog, product listing ads (PLA), native, display and others.
Faherty is a lean team on a tight budget. They needed a partner who could help them build and centralize this capability, provide the true incremental contribution of each media tactic and give guidance on how to operationalize the insights within the context of their existing business.
“In one year we grew revenue 53% while our marketing spend only grew 15%. Measured has been a key partner helping guide efficient growth through marketing.” Alex Faherty, CEO
Cross-channel incrementality measurement
& marketing data warehouse
After comparing multiple media measurement solutions, Faherty selected Measured to help determine how far they could scale into existing channels and guide them into new channels to maximize ROI.
In four weeks, Measured deployed its cross-channel incrementality measurement and reporting framework, helping guide Faherty’s media investment and scale decisions.
Granular incrementality insights were required for:
- Facebook prospecting, to inform incrementality reads longitudinally at the campaign, audience and adset level.
- Retargeting, to inform the incrementality of each platform and curate the right combination of vendors.
- Catalog, to inform daily match-back incrementality reads for each unique RFM and Co-Op audiences (house file and rental lists).
To support comprehensive measurement and reporting, Measured implemented a marketing data warehouse (MDW) to consolidate online and offline transactions, media vendor reporting, CRM, LTV, website hit data, third-party ID mapping and incrementality measurement outputs. The MDW is managed, QA’d and taxonomy mapped to serve as the centralized command & control data asset for the marketing organization.
Working with Measured, Faherty Brand successfully:
- Deployed cross-channel media reporting and incrementality measurement to inform the contribution of paid media to online & offline transactions.
- Implemented Facebook incrementality recommendations to profitably allocate budget at the campaign, audience and adset level.
- Rightsized retargeting budgets without seeing a drop in performance based on retargeting incrementality experiment.
- Provided finance & executive team with consolidated portfolio performance reporting.
As a result, every key marketing and business metric showed positive double-digit percentage improvements YoY
- Net profit per media $ grew 28%
- 12 month LTV increased by 37%
- New customers grew by 33%
- Catalog incrementality reads delivered daily vs. 45-day lag