Measured, Inc. (“Measured”, “the Company”, “us”) is a software company headquartered in Santa Monica. Measured empowers the growth marketer to test-learn-grow by operationalizing channel incrementality measurement through experimental design. We offer a platform and services to our customers, and we work with third party vendors to help enhance the services we provide.
Part 4 applies to international residents.
Part 5 applies to all information that we may collect and process.
PART 3: THIRD PARTY REPORTING
What are the Third Party Reporting services?
In furtherance of the Services we provide to our Customers, we partner with certain third parties to receive information and to engage in analysis, research, and reporting. Measured uses third party APIs, reporting dashboards and platforms to pull aggregated campaign-level data on behalf of our Customers. Such Third Party Reporting is ordered by a Measured Customer and is provided in accordance with our agreement with the particular Customer.
What information do you collect via the Third Party Reporting services?
Measured collects aggregated campaign-level data on behalf of our Customers. The information Measured collects as part of this Third Party Reporting includes daily marketing campaign information such as campaign name, impressions, clicks, conversions, revenue and spend. No personal information is collected from such APIs and platforms, only aggregate data is gathered.
How do you use the information collected via the Third Party reporting Services?
If a Customer requests Third Party Reporting as one of its Services, Measured will receive performance reporting at an aggregated level (campaign level rather than user level) from the third party. This reporting information is used to inform Customer reporting dashboards in the Services, and to inform a Customer about how a third party platform advertising campaign contributes to Customer’s advertising goals.
How do you obtain my consent?
If you are a Customer of the Services, you consent to such Third Party Reporting when you execute an agreement with us ordering the Third Party Reporting, and by continuing to access or use the Third Party Reporting via the Services dashboard.
How do I modify Information or withdraw my consent if I am a Customer of the Third Party Reporting services?
If a Customer no longer wishes to receive our Third Party Reporting, the Customer may request this modification to its Services by emailing our Customer Support at info@Measured.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that any such Services modification shall be performed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our agreement with the applicable Customer.
More Information about Third Party Reporting
Please note that these third parties may use trackers, web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device in order to optimize your experience and help better manage content. Even if you do not click on these plug-ins, they may collect information about you, such as your IP address and the pages that you view, and may set and access cookies. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Please note that this may cause some features and functionality to perform incorrectly, or not to perform at all.
You may request information about who our Third Party Reporting service providers at any time. If you would like us to stop receiving your personal information from any Third Party Reporting service provider, please contact us at email@example.com.
PART 4: INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Although many of our sites can be viewed internationally, many of our computer systems are currently based in the United States. Therefore, please note that all personal information may be processed by us in the U.S.
For more details regarding how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from European Economic Area (EEA) visitors and the additional rights are available to EEA visitors in respect of this personal information, see below:
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
· If you wish to correct or update your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
· In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
· Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
· You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information for EEA Residents
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform under an agreement we have in place with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information (for example, if you do not provide your email address, you will not be added to our email list).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Here are some examples:
· We process your personal information with your consent when you register on our Website; and when you agree to receive online direct marketing from us (via email by signing up on our Website via the Contact Us page).
· We process your personal information as required by applicable law. Applicable law may require us to process your information: for tax purposes, to prevent/detect fraud, and in disclosures to law enforcement and other regulatory or government agencies as required by law.
· We also process your personal information when it is in our legitimate interest to do so, and the legitimate interest is not overridden by your data protection rights. Here are some examples of our legitimate business interests:
o Developing and maintaining relationships with our customers and partners;
o Understanding how our customers use our Website and Services;
o Improving our Website and Services
o Understanding and responding to customer feedback;
o Researching and analyzing the products and services our customers want; and
o Securing our business and services.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, or regarding our legitimate interests, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
Where applicable law requires us to ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism, we use one or more of the following mechanisms: EU Standard Contractual Clauses with a data recipient outside the EEA (as permitted by GDPR), or we will ask your consent.
EEA Resident Rights
You have the right to:
· Ask us for a copy of your personal information
· Correct personal information, erase personal information or to transfer it to other organizations (when technically feasible) at your request (see section titled use of the service by our customers).
· Object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information, to withdraw this consent.
· Object to some processing where we have a legitimate interest in processing (as explained in the Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information for EEA Residents section above)
· To restrict processing in certain circumstances (for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information, it is possible that we may continue to do so).
We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
PART 5: APPLICABLE TO ALL
What if I have questions about consent or your use of my information?
Where the processing of your personal information is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
We may disclose your personal information:
· in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
· when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights and property, or the legal rights or property of others,, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or
· it would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you the services, to respond to questions you may have, to enforce our agreements, and to resolve disputes). We will stop using the personal information when we no longer have a legitimate business need to do so. If you request that we remove your personal information at an earlier date, we will do so provided we do not have a separate legal obligation to keep it (for example, a lawsuit involving the information).
If you have consented to receiving marketing communications (emails, etc.) from us, we will retain your personal information for a reasonable period of time from the date you last provided consent, unless you request that we remove it.
If we receive Information derived from cookies or other tracking technologies, we will retain that Information for a reasonable period of time from the date it was collected.
When we have no longer have legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We take the security of information that we collect very seriously and therefore implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect it. When you log into our Platform, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at info@Measured.com.
Links to 3rd party sites
Age of Consent
Our Website, Services and Third Party Reporting are not directed at children. If a person under 13 submits information through any part of this Site, Services and/or the Platform, and we learn the person submitting the information is under 13, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13, please contact us at: info@Measured.com.
Any questions, complaints or general comments should be directed to info@Measured.com.
You may also reach us at:
520 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401